Schizophrenia is a disorder that not all can understand. Is there a truth to the statement that there is full recovery to it.
I have read in an article by Paris Williams, phD (http://brainblogger.com/2012/05/29/full-recovery-from-schizophrenia/) that there are factors essential in the recovery of a person suffering from schizophrenia. This is a bit controversial especially to the skeptics. My hubby is one cynical person that he sometimes question the credibility of psychiatry.
The said article did tickle my enthusiasm to dig deeper when the statement “medicine free recovery” caught my attention. I did have an experience that i became non-compliant to abilify 5mg for a year because of its high price and i felt nothing as if i am living like a normal person and was given the opportunity to work in a hospital as a nurse. I did lose some weight, my sugar level did go down and i felt more confident about being who and what i am. Afterwhich i did hear the voices again clearly talking inside my head. I did lost my job and i returned to being a stay-at-home mom and on medication again trying to cope with the stressors in my life (voices inside my head).
The author did reiterated the following important factors to recovery as follows:
- Hope in the possibility of real recovery which means that the belief of the person must be that strong in order for him to recuperate from the said ailment.
- Arriving at an understanding of their psychosis alternative to the brain disease theory which means that psychosis is a normal reaction of the body to respond to stress.
- Finding meaning which means that they need to find meaning by loving what they are doing in order for them to channel their energy productively.
- Connecting with their aliveness which means that they need to connect deeply with themselves in order for them to find meaning in their lives.
- Dealing with their relationship which means that they need to cultivate a healthy relationship.
I did applied it in my life and i do believe that i am one hell of a healed schizophrenic. If not yet, i am getting there. Because i know that by the power of God as a great Healer i will be healed in His perfect time. I declare that in the Mighty Name of Jesus all of us with psychological disorders will be healed. In Jesus Mighty Name. Amen.